AQA Anthology: Moon on the Tides
Conflict & Relationships
Phillip Allan Literature Guide for GCSE
By Margaret Newman
Distributed by Trans-Atlantic Publications
110 pages, Illustrated
$19.95 Paper Original
This Philip Allan Literature Guide (for GCSE) provides exam-focused analysis of the poems in the Conflict and Relationships clusters of the AQA Anthology to give students the very best chance of achieving the highest grades possible.
Designed to be used throughout the course or as revision before the exam, this guide provides a thorough commentary of AQA Anthology: Moon on the Tides (Conflict and Relationships), outlining the structure, language and imagery in each poem. The exemplar A*- and C-grade answers with examiner’s comments, exam and essay-writing advice provide students with the confidence to achieve more. A separate section outlines the assessment objectives and highlights the specific skills that students need to develop.
Written by highly experienced authors, the full-colour Philip Allan Literature Guides include the following special features:
• A*- and C-grade exemplar answers to exam-style questions with examiner commentary
• ‘Grade booster’ boxes with tips on how to move between grades
• ‘Pause for thought’ boxes, which raise questions in order to make students consider their own opinions
• Key quotations that students can memorise to use in the exams
• Free access to a website with further revision aids including interactive quizzes, blogs, a forum for students to share their ideas, useful web links, plus additional exam-style questions and answers with examiner’s comments and expert advice
Use the Philip Allan Literature Guides and the online support to help you prepare thoroughly for your exam and improve your grade.
Philip Allan Literature Guides (for GCSE) are also available to support: To Kill a Mockingbird, Lord of the Flies, An Inspector Calls, Of Mice and Men, A View from the Bridge, Romeo and Juliet, Pride and Prejudice, Anita and Me and The Woman in Black.
If you are a teacher, look out for the supporting Philip Allan Literature Guides (for GCSE) Teacher Resource Pack for AQA Anthology: Moon on the Tides (Conflict and Relationships) (978-1-4441-1038-8).
- Develop a deeper understanding of context, themes and style
- Understand how to boost your grade
- Improve exam preparation and technique
- Free online support
Table of Contents:
Study and revision
Poem by poem
Types of conflict and relationship
Tackling the assessments
Assessment objectives and skills
Return to main page of Trans-Atlantic Publications