To Kill a Mockingbird
By Harper Lee
Distrubuted by Trans-Atlantic Publications Inc.
92 pages, Illustrated
$19.50 Paper Original
Philip Allan Literature Guides (for GCSE) provide exam-focused analysis of popular set texts to give students the very best chance of achieving the highest grades possible.
Designed to be used throughout the course or as revision before the exam, this text provides a thorough commentary of To Kill a Mockingbird, outlining the plot and structure and exploring the themes, style and characters with a detailed look at the context of the text. The exemplar A*- and C-grade answers with examiner’s comments, exam and essay-writing advice provide students with the confidence to achieve more. A separate section outlines the assessment objectives for each exam board and highlights the specific skills that students need to develop.
Written by highly experienced authors, the full-colour Philip Allan Literature Guides include the following special features:
• A*- and C-grade exemplar answers to exam-style questions with examiner commentary
• ‘Grade booster’ boxes with tips on how to move between grades
• ‘Pause for thought’ boxes, which raise questions in order to make students consider their own opinions
• Key quotations that students can memorise to use in the exams
• Free access to a website with further revision aids including interactive quizzes, blogs, a forum for students to share their ideas, useful web links, plus additional exam-style questions and answers with examiner’s comments and expert advice
Use the Philip Allan Literature Guides and the online support to help you prepare thoroughly for your exam and improve your grade.
Philip Allan Literature Guides (for GCSE) are also available to support: To Kill a Mockingbird, Of Mice and Men, An Inspector Calls, AQA Anthology: Moon on the Tides (Conflict and Relationships), A View from the Bridge, Romeo and Juliet, Pride and Prejudice, Anita and Me and The Woman in Black.
If you are a teacher, look out for the supporting Philip Allan Literature Guides (for GCSE) Teacher Resource Pack for To Kill a Mockingbird (978-1-4441-1031-9).
- Develop a deeper understanding of context, themes and style
- Understand how to boost your grade
- Improve exam preparation and technique
- Free online support
Table of Contents:
Plot and structure
Tackling the assessments
Assessment objectives and skills
Return to main page of Trans-Atlantic Publications