Essential Guide to Coaching & Mentoring, 2nd edition
By: Judith Tolhurst
Distributed by Trans-Atlantic Publications
261 Pages, Illustrated
$42.50 Paper Original
Looking for new ways to use coaching and mentoring techniques for the benefit of staff and pupils in your school?
The Essential Guide to Coaching and Mentoring is the resource you need to help build a powerful leadership team in your school through accessible and practical strategies that really bring the principles of coaching to life for teaching professionals at every level.
This second edition of Judith Tolhurst’s coaching manual provides a lively introduction to using coaching with both staff and pupils in schools and will become a powerful learning tool to help build the leadership capacity of your staff and help your pupils become confident learners.
Steeped in real school settings and using current examples, case studies and coaching conversations, this book can advance your professional development by:
- equipping you with the tools you need to help the staff you lead or for use with the children you are working with
- honing your interpersonal skills and bringing elements of coaching everyday conversations
- encouraging reflection on your personal learning and progress
- supporting staff and children in your school to grow through the use of coaching and mentoring techniques
- Coaching and its link to successful learners
- Coaching and behaviour management, one-to-one level with pupils
- Coaching and target setting in the core subjects
- Using coaching techniques with specific age groups
Table of Contents
About the author
Chapter 1 What is coaching?
Chapter 2 The essential skills of coaching
Chapter 3 The coaching process
Chapter 4 How to develop a coaching culture in your school
Chapter 5 Coaching to make a difference
Chapter 6 Coaching and performance management
Chapter 7 Coaching and middle leadership
Chapter 8 Coaching and strategic development
Chapter 9 Coaching the team
Chapter 10 Coaching and distributed leadership
Chapter 11 Using coaching and mentoring techniques with children
Return to main page of Trans-Atlantic Publications