What links a bottle of ginger beer, A-list celebrities, the first female beefeater at the Tower of London and Mothercare? Answer: they have all had to rely on, been affected by or have been the subject of a tort law action.
Fully updated with the latest legal developments, Contract Law is the essential guide to the life of a contract. It covers all stages of the process, from negotiation and formation, through its possible modification to the ending of a contract including a thorough examination of available remedies. Offering a modern, engaging account of all aspects of contract law, this new edition provides a clear understanding of the legal principles which underpin the contractual process.
MyLawChamber is a complete online teaching and learning platform designed to improve results by helping students quickly master concepts, and by providing educators with a robust set of tools for easily gauging and addressing the performance of students.
MyLawChamber engages students with high-quality multimedia learning experiences that help law students excel. In every exercise, students receive immediate feedback so they see mistakes right away, learn precisely which concepts are holding them back, and master concepts through targeted practice.
- Case Navigator (in conjunction with LexisNexis), a tool to help improve students’ case reading and comprehension skills.
- Virtual Lawyer, an interactive scenario-based programme to help students apply their knowledge of the law to problem questions.
- Pearson eText, a fully-searchable electronic version of your chosen text which you can customise, annotate, highlight and bookmark.
- Test banks of multiple-choice-questions providing formative assessment.
PART I: THE NEGOTIATION STAGE
2. Negotiating the Contract
PART II: THE BIRTH OF THE CONTRACT
Section A. Formation of a Contract: The Positive Requirements
3. Agreement: Offer and Acceptance
4. The Enforceability of Agreements: Consideration and its Alternatives
5. Form, Intention and Certainty
Section B. Formation: Negative Factors.
6. Illegality in Formation
7. Non-Agreement Mistakes
Section C. Personnel.
9. Third Parties
PART III: THE LIFE OF THE CONTRACT
10. The Content of the Contract: Express and Implied Terms
11. The Content of the Contract: Exclusion Clauses
12. The Modification of Contracts
PART IV: THE DEATH OF THE CONTRACT
15. Termination for Breach
PART V: THE AFTERMATH
16. Literal Performance
17. Damages for Breach of Contract