Structure & Fabric, Part 1.
Mitchell's Building Series
By Jack Foster & Roger Greeno
Distributed By Trans-Atlantic Publications, Inc.
Pearson / Prentice Hall
235 Pages, Illustrated, 7 1/2 x 9 5/8"
$97.50 paper original
A new edition of the best selling title in the prestigious Mitchell's Building Series. This book is the first of a two volume set which provides a complete and thorough treatment of the principles and techniques used in the design and construction of a building.Contents
This new edition has been thoroughly updated to bring it into line with recent changes in British Standards and developments in construction techniques while retaining the comprehensive approach for which it is renowned.
1. The Nature of Buildings and BuildingFeatures
2. The Production of Buildings
3. Structural Behaviour
5. Walls snd Piers
6. Framed Structures
7. Roof Structures
8. Floor Structures
9. Fireplaces, Flues and Chimneys
11. Temporary Works
- Clear concise illustrated text with emphasis on the practical applications, techniques and processes used to maximise construction efficiency and effectiveness.
- Updated text explains the nature of buildings and building, the production of buildings, structural behaviour, foundations, walls and piers, framed structures, roof structures, floor structures, fireplaces, flues and chimneys, stairs, and temporary works.
- Traditional practices and applications have been retained with regard to our existing buildings.
- References to supplementary reading have been revised to include the current regulations.
- New illustrations have been added and existing details have been updated where appropriate
Return to main page of Trans-Atlantic Publications